By Katie Lamb
Since you’re reading this, you probably know who we are, but if you don’t — Moxie is a team of 12 driven women working in the advertising and marketing industry. What helps us excel and stand out as a leader in our industry is our female perspective. You may wonder, “What does being female have to do with this?” We’ll fill you in.
We recently reviewed Why She Buys by Bridget Brennan, and we found some interesting and eye-opening statistics. Did you know, according to the book, women are
- 51% of the population, and
- Drive 80% of consumer spending in the United States.
When you consider 97% of Fortune 100 CEOs are male that leaves only three percent of heads of companies connected to the demographic with the majority of spending influence.
So why is Moxie a good choice?
We are an office full of women who understand the thought behind what your customers want in many industries. Just check out the Why She Buys statistics to see the percentage of women making decisions for these important purchases:
- Apparel purchases – 65%
- Automotive purchases of new vehicles (including trucks) are made by women 52% of the time and 80% of purchases are influenced by women. Scary considering only 10% of automotive sales reps are women.
- Electronic purchases – 45% and purchases are influenced by women in 61% of cases
- Heath care decisions – 80%
- Travel decisions – 70 %
- Insurance, investments, and retirement account decisions have 90% participation by women
- Home purchases are influenced by women 90% of the time
Who better to reach this crucial audience than a part of your audience? Women have the cash, they have the purchasing power, and we at Moxie have the knowledge to know exactly how to tailor our client’s messages to fit their needs. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you!